Upcoming Children’s Ministry Events
1st Wednesdays: In-Person Bible Study
Christmas Program Interest Meeting
The Children’s Ministry would like to invite all children, ages 6-12, to be a part of the St. John Christmas Program on Sunday, December 11th.
If your child would like to participate in spoken word, music, or dance, there will be an interest meeting at both the Grand Prairie and Southlake campuses on Sunday, November 6th. The meeting will take place after the 9:00am and 10:00am services in the gym.
CWS Word on Wednesday (W.O.W.)
The SJC Children’s Ministry would like for you to join us for WOW – Word on Wednesday Bible study beginning September 7th . Bible study is virtual from 6:30-7pm for grades k-6th grade. We would love to ‘see’ you there!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Welcome to the SJC UNLEASHED Children’s Ministry!
Our mission is to provide the opportunity for children age birth – 6th grade to:
- Develop a relationship with God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- Obtain a head and heart knowledge of the Word of God and its power to change lives for the better
- Learn how to serve, encourage, and inspire one another within a community of believers in Christ
CHILDREN’S WORSHIP SERVICE – weekly Sunday services
We want to welcome all children, for 1st-6th grade, back to Sunday in-person services. Children Worship Services (CWS) will resume on Nov 7 at both locations. For the last several weeks, we have been monitoring and reviewing the CDC guidelines and Texas Covid-19 guidelines. The team has been evaluating best procedures and practices for restarting CWS in a safe manner that follows CDC guidelines. After prayer and preparation, we’re excited to open Children Worship Services at both locations, Grand Prairie Campus and Southlake Campus. A safe and fun environment is our priority for the children and their family. There will be a limited capacity per classroom. Please arrive early!
What to Expect:
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available in the lobby and hallways.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned prior to services.
- Each classroom will be equipped with disinfectant spray and cleaning wipes.
- Disposable masks will be available at check-in table.
Grand Prairie: 9:00am (Check in opens at 8:45am)
Southlake: 10:00 am (Check in opens at 9:45am)
New Sunday Format:
- We encourage that only one parent drop-off and pick-up to help limit traffic in the hallways.
- Check-in and Pick-up Location
- Grand Prairie – Fellowship Hall
- Southlake – entrance to the gym
- Check-in Process
- All kids can check in at the check-in desk by an administrator. It will be a touchless system.
- You will receive your family’s check in tags.
- Please hold on to your security pick up numbers, we will visually match the tags upon pick up.
- Be sure to use hand sanitizer before entering the check-in area. Encourage your child to do the same.
We’ll all need to work together to help keep the children safe, so please stay home and participate online if your child:
- Has had a fever in the past 72 hours.
- Shows any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Children Worship Service uses a Bible-based curriculum. This curriculum provides an opportunity for the church to partner with parents to teach children that the Bible, God’s Holy Word, is the best instruction manual that teaches how to live a life that pleases God. Our curriculum consists of age appropriate Bible-based activities. We are committed to ensuring that children learn to trust Jesus in a way that transforms how they love God, themselves, and the world around them.
Kids of all ages learn:
- Jesus loves me, and I matter to Him.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Children Worship Service is held every Sunday EXCEPT 5th Sundays to provide and encourage the opportunity for Family Worship.
CHILDREN’S MID-WEEK BIBLE STUDY:
Email email@example.com to receive service and Zoom information.
Mid-week bible study is an interactive learning environment. The bible study focuses on the fundamental of Christianity. The children learn the Lord’s Prayer, the books of the Bible, the armor of God, the fruit of the spirit and other disciplines of the Christian faith.
Southlake: Tuesdays at 6:00pm via Zoom
Grand Prairie: Wednesdays at 7:00pm via Zoom
For security reasons, one must be at least 18 years of age to drop-off and pick-up a child. Upon drop-off, a check-in receipt will be given. Please remember to keep your check-in receipt.
This is a class designed for children ages 5 – 12 years old. The class will provide age-appropriate knowledge about God as one considers making a decision to have a personal relationship with Him. Students will learn who God is and why we need Him. Additionally, the class will address the following questions:
- What is the significance of baptism?
- What is communion?
- What does it mean when someone joins “the church”?
Class Schedule: 1st Saturdays at 9:00am via Zoom (until further notice)
The Children’s Choir allows for children ages 5-12 years old to serve Jesus Christ through the gift of song. The Children’s Choir ministers through song during Sunday services and special programs.
God’s Angels of Praise Dance Ministry
God’s Angels of Praise (GAP) Dance Ministry utilizes creative expression and dance movement to interpret the Word of God. This ministry strives to equip children with the knowledge and understanding of God’s purpose for dance in the worship experience. GAP Ministry members are between the ages of 7-12 years of age and primarily attend the Grand Prairie campus.
Angels of Praise Dance
Angels of Praise Dance Ministry utilizes creative expression and dance movement to interpret the Word of God. This ministry strives to equip children with the knowledge and understanding of God’s purpose for dance in the worship experience. GAP Ministry members are between the ages of 7-12 years of age and primarily attend the Southlake campus.
Become a CWS Volunteer!
Youth & Children Worship Services at both Grand Prairie and Southlake Campuses are in need of volunteers – check-in, teachers, teaching assistants, workers and more. Click here to become a volunteer!